Over the past few years, the world has been turned to the digital technologies. Consequently, customers are more self-educated than ever before. Today’s B2B customers behaviors’ have changed – they expect engaging and personal brand experiences throughout companies social media channels and websites, to have immediate access to information and services they search for.
As can be seen in the latest statistics in the B2B market, 70% of professional purchasers and most of potential customer’s research takes place online. They are increasingly using their smartphones to search – we are already seeing around 40% of search queries on mobile. So, how you deal with these rapid changes in online marketing? There is only one answer: Inbound Marketing.
According to data from Hub Spot’s State of Inbound Marketing, Inbound Marketing had a 76 percent likelihood of being the marketing approach of choice for B2B companies-compared to outbound marketing tactics."
Inbound Marketing gives B2B companies the opportunity to build a trusted relationship with potential customers. It is, also, a new form of pull marketing with more advantages that depends on a strong online focus. Inbound Marketing main objective is to set up effective strategy to tie potential customers to your company’s product and services early on in their buyer journey until they choose to go into business with your company.
Here are some of the Inbound Marketing advantages:
- Drive more leads to your website.
- Create a strength to your company relationships.
- Optimize your leads based on data analysis.
- Raise your company sales conversion rate.
Don't you think it’s time to focus on the B2B Inbound Marketing Methodology and its ROI instead of outbound marketing? Don’t you wish your potential customers stay relevant and build interest in your company? Think of it!
Now, still asking where to start? How to set up a well-performing B2B inbound marketing strategy? How it’s done? How to approach your potential customers? How to raise your sales conversion rate?
How to set up a booming B2B Inbound Marketing strategy?
- First of all, set your company SMART goals – that stand for: specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely.
- Then, define buyer personas. Successful Inbound Marketing strategy relies on the definition and the development of your buyer personas. Who are your customers? What are they looking for? What do they base their choice and their purchasing decision on? Which channels they use?
- Next, develop a content marketing strategy and create content to every stage in your customer’s buyer journey. So, your leads find a content that responds to their needs for information at that moment on your website.
- Afterwards, apply a marketing automation system to monitor, nurture and manage your potential customer’s buyer journey.
- Finally, give the data analysis a place in your strategy to measure your effort and results.
Done with setting up your booming B2B Inbound Marketing strategy!
Now what? How can your B2B companies use inbound marketing to generate leads?
Use these powerful ideas and tactics to generate more leads:
- Blogging: every business should use blogging in its marketing strategy, to provide valuable content that makes customers more likely to find your blog and value within your business.
- In-depth helpful content: it’s been proven that Google favors long-form content and content-rich websites that will improve your chances to rank higher in search results.
- Visual content: is processed 60,000 times faster than writing content. Visual content is a quicker and more powerful way of reaching potential customers and B2B companies should definitely tap into visual content like images and videos.
- Reformat your content: is a brilliant way to give your hard work a longevity. Reformatting your existing content into a different format, like multimedia or info graphic, will breathe new life into it.
- Social media: Don’t ignore the social media. Do your research and find the social media platforms that are used mostly by your personas-also the effective ones for your business -and use it to share your valuable content and connect with your target customer.
- Website SEO: one of most important parts to get your website found online. If your site is not optimized, there is no chance for your target audience to find you without searching for your exact URL.
- Improve speed and load time of your website: It’s been proven that people don't wait more than 3 seconds to abandon a website if it’s too slow to load. If your site is performing slowly or functionality isn’t working, people won’t want to hang around. So, don’t let that happen to you.
Well, as have been mentioned we've almost covered all of the B2B inbound marketing tactics. After all, you want customers to promote your brand, to encourage your customers to be your brand ambassadors.
You need to actively engage them, remind them you have the best solutions and services, and always listen to their feedback and keep them in mind to provide a better services. So, just because the sales team close the deals, doesn’t mean that a marketing team’s job is done. Customers’ retention is just as vital as lead generation, and can be achieved by providing the right content.